New hardwood provides a beautiful look & can increase your home's value.
At Metro Flooring & Design, we offer a variety of hardwood flooring options for a wide range of budgets and lifestyles. To help make sure your new floors look the way you want and wear the way you expect them to, have them installed by our professional hardwood flooring specialists. An experienced installer will understand the differences between the various types of hardwood flooring available and have the skills and tools needed for a successful installation.
If you do plan to install your own hardwood flooring, be sure to check the manufacturer’s installation guidelines & your warranty before starting the job. Keep in mind that a professionally installed hardwood floor will more likely be covered by the manufacturer warranty if the need should arise.
Want to learn more about hardwood installation?
Give us a call or visit our showroom today!
Getting ready to install hardwood floors
Preparation is important for a successful hardwood flooring installation. Consult with your Metro Flooring & Design Flooring specialist for full instructions and take these steps to help the process go smoothly.
1. We may have to remove your existing flooring to make a suitable installation surface for your new hardwood. This process will be different depending on the existing flooring; extra care may be required if your previous flooring is glued down or set in tile adhesive. Our professionals will know what “ready” looks like, will be able to provide a smooth, level surface, and can able to assist with the disposal of your old flooring.
2. The room where your new hardwood will be installed must be completely empty of furniture. We'll handle moving any large or heavy items & empty a room or even your whole house quickly. This can cut down the amount of time you have to live without your furniture to as little as a single day at each end of the job. It’s also a good idea to take down photos or other items hanging on the wall, as these can be damaged during the installation of your hardwood flooring.
During & After Your Hardwood Installation
- An adult member of your household (age 18 or older) should greet your installation crew upon arrival and show them to the work area.
- You should receive a walkthrough of the job from the lead installer, so you can have a clear idea of what the process will involve. You should feel free to ask them any questions you have about the job.
- Keep children and pets away from the work area for the duration of the job to ensure their safety and help keep the job going smoothly.
- Stay off your new floors for the required amount of time after the job is done. Any stain or varnish that has been applied will need time to cure properly. The lead installer will be able to advise you on how long this will take.
- Open windows for ventilation if the smell of the varnish or stain bothers you.