Laminate floors are tough, but they are not all created equal!
Some laminate flooring includes waterproof finishes, but those that don't will require a different cleaning routine. We'v compiled this simple care & maintenance guide to help you take proper care of your new laminate floors from Metro Flooring & Design.
How to clean laminate floors
- Daily care and maintenance of your laminate flooring may include sweeping, dry mopping or vacuuming with a hard surface flooring attachment.
- Most messes can simply be wiped away with a damp cloth. Spills should be wiped up quickly to avoid warping.
- For a deeper clean, use a manufacturer-approved hard floor cleaning solution.
- Strategically place doormats at the entry to the rooms to capture any dirt or debris before it is tracked onto your floor.
- Protect your floor from indentations by placing floor protectors under heavy furniture and appliances.
- Avoid dragging anything across the floor that will scratch or damage the laminate.
- When it comes to difficult stains such as candle wax and chewing gum, or oil based stains like lipstick and olive oil, consult with the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning these types of messes.